StuG 90/53 (i)

Previous topic - Next topic

Raw_Shooter

Hello my friends  ;)
I bought this resin models when I was in Italy for 7 years. Few months ago I decided to construct it. It's the Semovente Controcarri Ansaldo - Spa armed with the A/A gun of 90mm/53cal from Cri.El Models in scale 1/35.
Some of these Semovente were used again by the germans after 1943 (when Italy bacame part of the Allies). One of them has been found at Termini rail station at Rome having only a tank as sign at the lateral sup-armor plate.

Profa

Wow, pretty nice rusted thing :)
Could you tell us something more about the painting/weathering process ?
Bogu fala što sam Lala! :)

Suhoj

Wow, cool, it`s very nice!
I like weathering too ;)

Boki

Wow! That's very strange looking armored vehicle.
Beautiful work, as usual. ;)

Baldrick: Don't worry, my Lord, I followed DaVinci's instructions to the letter.
Blackadder: Even if you can't actually read.
Baldrick: That's right, but I have done a lot of Airfix models in my time.

Hawkeye

My friend,this is an italian SPG,wright?

'Уживај младићу за младости своје!'

medico

what a nice resin kit !
You must have payed a fortune for it  :o , however it payed of with such nice work !
tell me about tracks it seems like resin with some additions ?

Raw_Shooter

Hello my friends  ;)  Thnk u for your comments I hope u like it  :)
Now about weathering; Usually first I make a preshanding with Gloss black following the lines of the panels. Then I spray the basic color (Dark Yellow Tamiya here) after a while I mix the basic color with Light Ochre Yellow (Gunze) and a acrylic diluent; When this mix is very liquid (like milk) spray panels' center. When it dries make the same way with Drak Green and/or Red Brown. These trick help to make a multilevel feeling to our eyes  ;)  After 1-2 days I apply by a wide soft brush some MIG filters like "Tan for tricolor camo" (here). This filter helps to equivalent the contrast of the camo's different colors and same time makes something like Rain effect (if apply little more of filter).
Next is chipping and finally a weathering by Raw Umber + Light Green + Grass Green + Ochre Yellow + White mat. I apply many little spots of these colors (but must be oil colors only) in few seconds I wet a wide soft brush in white spirit and then "paint" these colors....They become very liquid and runs everywhere....After 1-2 hours all the basic color + camo colors becomes "dirty"   ;) ;)
The rust is pin wash by Raw Umber + Oxide Orange (just a drop) and pull down by a cotton stick (those for cleaning ears)  ;) ;)
The tracks are made by resin (as all Cri.El's tanks) but it's very very difficult to shape them  :-[ :-[  U need a dry hair pistol or lighter's flame (but from long distance)  Cri.El Model's kit are expensive; This costs me about 150 euros but all resin kits are more expensive than plastics  ;D ;D

Raw_Shooter

My friend Hawkeye yeap it was a italian SPG  ;)