H.A.F. F-5A 1/48

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman

in previous step (just camouflage colour over preshading) it looked that preshading is overdone, but now after decals it looks better ;) maybe it looks too dirty on underside but I believe that you're right when you say they WERE dirty for real! :D

what's next on this "bird"? :)

Raw_Shooter

All Greeks airplanes generation '60s - '70s like A-7 "Corsair" -  F-104 "Starfighter" - F-5 "Freedom Fighter" had many liquids running at the down sides due the over heating. Just think that the U.S. SR-71 "Blackbird" every time when it flew it lost about 100lt of liquids due the huge temperatures and the metals' deformation !!!! About the 99% of Hellenic airplanes are painted white or silver (their down sides) so these fluids become more obvious than on a S.E.A. camo.....
Specially the F-5 was a very very dirty airplane; Just look at this F-5A painted with the "first" scheme (silver down sides)

notice how the "Aegean Blue" color became discolored.....
"Sandman" my friend next I'll add the canopy and the wheels' covers (first I must paint the wheels' interior places)....at last I'll glue some rockets and bombs  ;) ;)     

Kerber

Uh, very fast work !
But, very nice one !
I like very much "dirty looks" of used airplane, so, this one is my favorite.
I am interesting in one more thing: In a mid of '90, I was on holiday in Asprovalta, where i have seen a couple of times, F-5 fighters (also  F4 Phantoms, from Thessaloniki?) in a low-level flight. Did these fighters have a two-color schemes or I did mistake, but, it seem so be in 2 colors, or they may be US-planes? They were so nice...Fantastic planes !
After the holiday, my wife  :o ask me to build to her one F-5...(it was Heller, rest in piece now, after my kids finished it totally  0:)), but i like two color cammo on the Tiger still.

Raw_Shooter

"Kerber" my friend thank you  ;)
Many Hellenic airplanes have change colors many times....The F-5s at the beginning when we received them there were in Natural Metal color.....after few years we have receive 15 more in S.E.A. camo. Some of them were been painted in "Aegean Blue" because they over flew Aegean Sea. We received some F-5Bs from Jordan and we kept the original Jordan's camo (and the pilots named them "Sorayas"). In late 70s we receive some NF-5 and F-5E from Holland and they were painted in Dutch camo (and we kept it). Finally I think only one was been painted in F-16's camo with Low visible roundels.....So there were about 6 different camos on F-5s  8) 8) 8)
Same history with F-4E. Initially were painted in S.E.A. camo; Then many of them were changed to "Aegean Blue" scheme....After "Piece Ikarus" modifications they were repainted to Low Visible scheme or "Hill Gray I/II". We received 2 different editions of RF-4E from U.S.A.F. with normal S.E.A. camo and from Luftwaffe with "German NATO lizards camo"......Only the F-104s + Mirages 2000 and F-16s kept the original camo...even Mirages F.1 were been changed to "Aegean Blue" but from the industry directly before their delivery....

GBU-10

odlicno ti ide,cak i ona zaprljanost koja je identicna za grcke avione jer oni nekako cini mi se imaju najprljavije avione od svih RV sirom sveta,ljudi prosto nevole cistocu.