"Pluto" TauchPz III 1/35

Previous topic - Next topic

Raw_Shooter

Good afternoon my friends  :)
maybe some of you remember this kit; It was participating at last Pegaso's show  :) :)  It's "Pluto" a german conversion based on Pz III.
Germans in 1940 were planning an invasion to England through sea; It was operation "Sea Lion". So Hitler ordered new sophisticated weapons who would be able to make a quickly and silent invasion at England's South beaches.
Many of those weapons were ridiculous but some others were genius. For that operation were been designed and produced  a lot of tanks like Land-Wasser-Schlepper (L.W.S.) or Pl.Pz II and Pl.Pz. 38(t) or Panzerfahrer e.t.c.  (I'll post all of them next days  ;) ;) )
Among those projects was "Pluto" a conversion based on Pz. III. This conversion was simple but difficult to do it.  They closed hermetically every hatch with grease & protected the main gun with a piece of canvas and finally connected a floating buoy who supplies fresh air for the crew and same time dissipated engine's gas smoke. The tank was fully submerged and it was designed to walk in the bottom of the sea until England's south beaches  :o :o :o :o
The kit is a New Connection's resin conversion in 1/35 scale based on Dragon's Panzer III Ausf. E.

Original "Pluto" was testing at Kielo's harbor and it was been submerged every day for about 4 months. So every day was wet all around and after it was "landed" all the waters were    spilled down but just a little was remained on; this effect I wanted to reproduce here with gloss varnish and white glue

Panagiotis     

ALEX T

I like your choice of models/ rare german vehicles/.
Amazing models finish.
Regards Alex

djos & filip

Very, very, very NICE model
beautiful weathering

:o

Ovo je samo hobi, ovo je samo hobi, ovo je samo......

Hawkeye

'Уживај младићу за младости своје!'

Kerber

very good representation of semi- wet tank...
nice color mix...great wettering.
And, again , small historical lesion for me, about German armor...what an idea !

Raw_Shooter

Really I don't know my friend Dusan  ::) ::)