Flak 18 auf Sd.Kfz. 8 DB10

Previous topic - Next topic

Raw_Shooter

Hello again my friends  :)
this is a resin Cri.El Model's kit in scale 1/35. It's a difficult kit due the resin's quality and some of experience is needed.
Sd.Kfz. 8 was a Wehrmacht's prime mover since 1938. It's was designed to pull heavy pieces of artillery or/and theirs' crew. It was heavier and more powerful than Sd.Kfz. 7 but smaller than Sd.Kfz. 9 "Famo"; After 1944 many of them became "bases" for many conversions like 7tons grue + self propelled anti aircraft guns.
So during 1944 some "8s" were been transformed to curry the "old" Flak 18 88mm gun. After north Africa's front experience the germans know very good how effective was the "88" against ground vehicles...no allied tank was able to escape from a "88's" direct hit  8) 8)  Most of these vehicles (Flak 18 auf Sd.Kfz. 8) was been operated in Soviet Union's front.
--- Due the kit's bad conditions it was needed a lot of putty and total remove of the Cri.El's Flak  :'( :'(  I use AFV's Flak 18  ;) ;)

as I want to make a Soviet Union's front "8" I decide to "snow + mud it"  ;D ;D  Tamiya's Panzer Grey + light over spray by Mat White. Plus decolorizing mat white by a wet sponge...

next I make "color runs" with Panzer Grey and a wet No 0000 brush - chipping with black grey. The wet mud it's made by MIG resin + Russian earth MIG pigment + putty + 1-2 drops of water...Snow is made by microballons

last additions....few crew's steps made by the same dry mud mixture -- Dragon's projectiles cases

Raw_Shooter

and some details....

the ice on the rear part is made by a normal glue (general purpose - use)

Panagiotis

Hawkeye

Again man,this model looks great,well done!

'Уживај младићу за младости своје!'

Raw_Shooter

Messerschmitt

wow!what a nice details!it is very,very,very good work!

Raw_Shooter

"@ki" & "Messerschmitt" thank my friends  ;) ;)  --- I'm not sattisfy about "ice spades"  :-[ :-[  I'll try again on a future project  ;) ---