VK 45.02 (P)

Previous topic - Next topic

Raw_Shooter

Good morning my friends  :) :)
another German W.W. II tank kit this time from Scottish company Accurate Armour. It was a prototype only model based on Dr's Porsche project Tiger (P). This prototype named VK 45.02 (P) with the 2 others prototypes VK 45.01 + VK 45.03 were the pre-form for the King Tiger or Tiger II.  VK 45.02 was been produced only in 1 item and was been delivered at Piemunte test center. Practically it was a "super weapon" for its era because it combined huge armor + deadly cannon (new "88") + the inclined armor plates ; No Allie tank was able to destroy it by a direct hit just only american T-26 & soviet SU-122/152 and these 2 NOT by a frontal hit  :o :o   

as you can see it's a full resin kit with trucks in very bad conditions (like arch  >:D )......

First I made a preshading using Gunze's Mud color. After few hours I started airbrushing the basic Gunze's German Panzer Yellow. After 2 days I applied a pin wash by Raw Umber & Burnt Sienna and finally I sprayed Gunze's mat varnish.
When the mat varnish became dry I started applying MIG's Tan for tritonal camo filter to equalize all the colors' contrast. Next step was putting some MIG's pigments and fix them by MIG's fixative.

As kit's resin trucks were a nightmare I decided to change them by Dragon's spare BergeFerdinand trucks made by vinyl plastic. So then I had to paint them by Gunze's Trucks black color and wash them by Raw Umber. I added the steel cables (made by telephone's wires) and engine's p.e. meshes.
Steel cables were painting by Humbrol's Steel Metal and when became dry I applied MIG's metal pounder pigment by my finger (it's the ONLY MIG's pigment that can't apply by brush. U can apply it ONLY by finger) to give a natural steel feeling. Last I sprayed Lifecolor's Smoke Techcolor series color by my airbrush on all rear engine's department

Maybe it seems to you very "black" the engine's department but "we are talking" for the end of W.W. II and Germany haS lost Ploesti's petrol refineries and almost the 80% of Germans vehicles are using synthetic fuel or gas....and synthetic fuel produce nafta  ;) ;)
Panagiotis 

Hawkeye

Strange looking thing,especialy when you look at the original King Tiger.Keep up the good work budy!

'Уживај младићу за младости своје!'

Messerschmitt

it is very nice work!Well done! ;)I read something about that tank.Calibar of that tank was 88 mm,L/71.

Raw_Shooter

Thank you my friends  ;)
"Hawkeye" practically it was a Ferdinand (P) with a Porsche King Tiger's turret and with incline armor pieces  ;) ;) It was a combination from Dr Ferdinand Porsche to satisfy Hitler's orders for a super weapons (like E-100 & MAUS)
"Messerschmitt" that's right a 88mm caliber /71 length but with a new bracket to give more initial speed to the ammo  ;) 

Hawkeye

Thanks for that info pal  :D !

'Уживај младићу за младости своје!'

djos & filip

You never stop surprising us with unusual models   :o

Beautiful

Great work. 
Don't you think that it is time for you to open museum  ;D (so many great models)!

Best regards

Ovo je samo hobi, ovo je samo hobi, ovo je samo......

Raw_Shooter

Thank you my friends  ;) ;) ;) 
When I have started collecting tanks in 1/35 my dream was a big collection with all german equipment of W.W. II. Now I am preparing (slowly) a modeling center here at Thessaloniki. There are 3 floors (900m2 total) where anyone could come and modeling how muct time he wants. It'll be full organized (air compressors + airbrushes + colors + glues e.t.c.) and about 20 modelers could work same time. Meanwhile there will be a mini bar with a 40'' flat TV to see video documents from Vietnam or other eras. On the 3rd floor (300m2) I would like to set up a mini modeling museum.....I hope that in 2009 it'll be full operative  0:) 0:)