1/18 scale Tervamaki Engineering JT-9T autogyro

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick_Karatzides

As for he grass & plants, I used three different ways:

• From my local hobby shop, I got different colours of static grass, empty them into a plastic box and make a mixture.
[

Nick_Karatzides

• Found into my garden perimeter, I collect few natural stuff, cut and placed into plastic box for such use.

Nick_Karatzides

• From my local super market, I got a small wicker broom. If you look closely, you'll find some very interesting stuff for scale modeling use and dioramas building.

Nick_Karatzides

Water based white glue for wood, which becomes transparent when it dries, is just the right for the job. So, I opened a 500 grams canister bought for 2€ only, pick a small quantity, add just few drops of water with a syringe into a small metal container to make the right mixture and finally I applied on the desired areas to be filled with grass & plants, using a wet brush. Because the mixture is enriched with water based glue, it is easy to correct possible mistakes.

Nick_Karatzides

As soon as the result was OK, I sprayed over with Humbrol enamel mat coat, to seal the paint and grass, so far. I left it overnight and as soon as the enamel mat coat dried, I add very few light & dust effects with chalk dust. Feel free to check final pictures of the JT-9T autogyro placed on the display base.

Thank you for following this thread and I hope you enjoyed reading this article.

pekar

bravo !!! šta drugo da kažem
IL-76

Nick_Karatzides

I tried black paper background (instead of white) & different light conditions and I was surprised on how the model looks like. From now on, black background and low level lighting only...

PS. A little sparrow bird is now present on tail fin :D

Nick_Karatzides