T-34/84 JNA Croatia 1991 [revell 1/72]

Previous topic - Next topic

TankRed070

Hi again,

I would like to share with you guys the new built-log. Tis time I started T-34/85 used by VRS. I started this project some time ago already but still, the progress is not so big.
I want to built this vehicle:

source: Srpski Oklop (http://stef124.tripod.com)

Note: "mushroom" turret, browning MG, T-55 wheels and many small details different from the standard.

In my model I am planning all hatches opened and some interior. I decide to use revell set which is the closest to that vehicle. The turret I am modifying by myself. I am planning also to use some parts from other sets (DML, wheels from ACE) and some potoetched parts ftom PART and EDUARD

And  here some pictures about the progress:

BTW: if someone can say somethin were and when the original photo was taken it would be great!

Hvala!

sezan

Good start!Good choise!Just cary on!
"Smart you must be... Try not. Do or Do not... There is no try"-YODA

Hawkeye

This is going to be another of your works of art  :super  :bravo !

'Уживај младићу за младости своје!'

ubermagog

Good work as usual  :)

I'm not sure that this picture is from Bosnia, it could be from Croatia – so it is possible it's not VRS, rather it is JNA vehicle – but I'm not 100% sure!

Yugoslavia (and JNA) had lots of different types of T-34/85 (original soviet Zavod types, from Eastern Europe production, and some local modifications), and they are all kept in good shape in reserve units up to the 90's and civil war. Unfortunately we don't have good pictures of them in use, before or during the wars.

From ACE T-55 besides the wheels you can also use little box from the left side (fuel pump system), check out these detail pictures.

your type

couple of others

some details

Also here is some good walkaround pictures!
ex-jna ex-croatia army, here you can find same type that you build http://www.hrcappuccino.org/articles/okohodac/85novi.htm
ex-jna that is at display at Belgrade Military Museum, but it is different type http://www.hrcappuccino.org/articles/okohodac/T-34B.htm

drazen

Keep up the good work  :bravo
Waiting for progress   :super

RILE-NS

You could choose to make some other tank more adequate to your  Revell model.One tank that has the same "mushrooms" on turret, the same turret ,the same so called ZAVOD or factory of origin.
The tank on picture that you choose is 100% JNA(YPA-Yugoslav Peoples Army) in Croatia 1991.
Check the references that the guys before me gave you I am sure that you will find your tank.Good luck and enjoy every minute of it.

TankRed070

Folks,
thanks a lot! My mistake comes probably from Bison Decals where the markings of that tank are labeled as VRS in Bosnia. It is not a first time that I found a mistake in that set.
As you probably noticed I modified the title of this tread.
Thanks for the links and photos! I knew hrappucino site but not those specific galleries.
I decided for tis specific tank due to following reasons:
1. Quite good reference: two picture whereas usually are only one
2. I have decals for it
3. I like that mixed wheels  :super

Another question: Bison decals suggests that the tank was painted in two color camouflage: JNA green with irregular strips of sand. The sand was sprayed irregularly or it was just made from mud.

In my opinion it is single JNA green but heavily weathered in irregular way. 

Thanks a lot!  :cheers

TankRed070

Little update. The ull is closed and I started to work on mudguards. The PE parts does not fit perfectly but I will fix that.

Hvala.

Nemsy_29

dragos

zamorano

It is starting to look like another one of your masterpieces - exactly as expected  :super... Great work!

TankRed070

Thanks a lot!

I am slowly adding small details:

The hull is almost ready. I need to add (make) a base for smoke canisters.

Cheers

PELE

That looks great! Can't wait to see paint job. :) Keep working!  ;D

ubermagog

Quote from: Meatbag on 02-11-2009, 22:18:09
Looks great. But why are some parts of the hull painted gold?  :o
:think

c,c,c.... maketarsko neiskustvo, maketa je neofarbana - to su 'ecovani' dodatni delovi za bolji i finiji detalj (kupuje se obično posebno)
:D